Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where can I find people to interview about Wildlife Biology careers?

I am working with the wildlife biology department at my college on their new web site. My job is to gather information on careers in the field. I still need information on state biologist, zoo biologist, marine focus, policy focus, and GIS/remote sensing careers. I am looking for people who would be willing to answer some simple questions about their careers via email. It wouldn't take a lot of time, and it would be an enormous help. I am also looking for web sites with general information about the careers.





I have been working very hard on this, but I'm getting down to the wire and I really need to get as much info as possible over the next couple of days. Thanks so much to anyone who can offer me any help!Where can I find people to interview about Wildlife Biology careers?
I would contact the PR department at the US Forest Service. Also use the PR department at your state dept. of wildlife. They can help you get to the right people.





Also you would think that the professors would have some contacts who could help you out - have you asked them?Where can I find people to interview about Wildlife Biology careers?
on the internet..or set up flyers
Any and all governmental departments are usually good resources for this. A good friend of mine recently graduated with a degree in Wildlife Biology and has mainly used them for contacts. Department of Natural Resources was the area in which he found employment, although with less and less spending on these areas I would be hard pressed to say that its an 'easy entry' into this line of work.
You might want to contact your local Fish and Wildlife office. If they can't help you directly, they would be able to give you some good contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment