Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Where can a 14 year old volunteer at a wildlife rescue place?

Please give me some websites :]


I'm 14, and very interested in volunteering at a wildlife rescue mission. I can have an adult with me.


I could go to Africa or something, with a guardian.





But it seems like the only things I can find are just working with cats or dogs, but I'm not too interested in that, despite my love for both.Where can a 14 year old volunteer at a wildlife rescue place?
Questions always come first:





The first question is where do you live? Before I can tell you which ';wild rescue place'; you can go to, you need to tell us which city you live in.


The second question is are you qualified to go anywhere other than your hometown? You might need to check out your library for imfo about where you want to go. Also, ask some of the adults you know if they can tell you how to survive in the places (which can be extremely dangerous if you get lost) that you want to go.





Now for the answers:


Step-by-step! If they only offer cats and dogs stuff, that might be what you are qualified for first, so you know you can handle animals. In the wild, you need to be able do handle anything! Go to a vet's office and ask if you could volunteer there first. The answer might not be what you want, but they have animals you can observe. Also, while you are there, you might want to tell them what you want to do.





Again! Reserch! Oh! Smell the beauty of books!!! ;)Where can a 14 year old volunteer at a wildlife rescue place?
Start with you local animal shelter to get more experience with animals.At animal control we some times get exotic animals but mostly cats and dogs.I have volunteered for 2 years and have decided to be a vet tech.Since I have been there I have learned so much about animals.Now I do vaccinations and give medications. So there is a lot to learn at the shelter.


For the last two days I have been taking care of a 4 week old Rott. puppy with a possible neurological problem.Just helping the little guy with his basic needs is so rewarding.


Have fun with what ever you choose.
Try your local zoos and see if they have a program for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment