Saturday, August 21, 2010

What book about Wildlife will inspire me and provide me with an insight into the subject?

I have recently become a wildlife major at Humboldt State University, and I am taking the first required class of that major: Introduction to Wildlife Conservation %26amp; Administration.





So far, the class has been little more than a jumbled series of dates and their corresponding policies. This stuff, while perhaps important, is disappointingly uninspiring as a first experience of this subject to which I intend to dedicate much of my life.





I am hoping that people can recommend to me books that I could supplement my education with that will provide me with further appreciation and insight into the subject. I am particularly interested in learning the background of human's relationship with wildlife, dating further back into history (way back in history), and then seeing how that has evolved into the sort of structures we have now.





Really, I am interested in any book that addresses the topic of humans and their relationship with wildlife that is informative and interesting.Thanks!What book about Wildlife will inspire me and provide me with an insight into the subject?
Every major has those basic introductory courses before getting to the courses of real interest. Are you interested in birds, mammals, or reptiles and amphibians? That may help as far as looking for books. Have you considered looking at the Native American's relationship with wildlife?





Reason For Hope: A Spiritual Journey. Jane Goodall. ISBN: 0-446-67613-6





Becoming a Tiger - How Baby Animals Learn to Live in the Wild. Susan McCarthy. ISBN: 0-06-620924-2





Minding Animals - Awareness, Emotions, and Heart. Marc Bekoff. ISBN: 0-19-516337-0





Of course, field guides are always important.What book about Wildlife will inspire me and provide me with an insight into the subject?
one of my favorite books of all time is Hemingways 'The Old Man %26amp; the Sea'. now thats only set a hundred or two years back but it gives pretty much exactly what you wanted. plus its fairly easy to read and im sure itd make you want to read more, which is a handy feeling to have when you first start college.
  • sebum
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment