Saturday, August 21, 2010

What does it take to become a Wildlife Biologist?

If possible, please be specific with your answer. I've been going to school and majoring in Emergency Medicine but have lost interest in this and wish to focus on my true love for the outdoors. What kind of classes would I have to take and is this a 2 or 4 year degree? Thank youWhat does it take to become a Wildlife Biologist?
For work in serious Wildlife Bio you may want to think about a 4 year degree in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology or Environmental Studies perhaps with a minor in geology or geography- both great ways to stay outdoors. But if you want to work with environments and organisms, I would go with EBIO. I got my Outdoor Education Certificate in a two year program in Colorado. I love using it. And you will apply you knowledge of medicine as well as being outside, teaching others about ecology. Many colleges offfer everyhing from river, canyon, snow, mountain, and desert orientations, stream ecology, organic chemistry, ecology, limnology, etc. You must be so excited! Wildlife Biologist is a great goal!!


Much luck!What does it take to become a Wildlife Biologist?
Liberal politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment